In My Gym Bag
Working out is an essential part of my week. It's a stress reliever, a mind reset and most importantly, it keeps me in check after I've had a bingy pizza-and-wine-filled girls night. My go-to workout for the last 6 months or so has been Orange Theory but I'm also an avid tennis player. I often find myself in situations where I'm running from the gym to an errand or to grab a casual dinner, so you always need a few items on hand. Here's what's typically in my gym bag!
1. APL TechLoom Phantom Rose Gold Sneakers - these are the best, most fashion-forward, most comfortable and responsive sneakers I have EVER owned. Don't get me wrong, I love my Nike's. But these bad boys take the cake, and I feel as confident out and about in them as I do when I'm on the treadmill, which is a win-win. I can't say enough good things about them and APL makes so many great styles. Buy yourself a pair, you will not regret it!
2. CeraVe Makeup Removing Cleaner Cloths - these are super gentle on your skin and remove makeup pre-workout or sweat post-workout. My sensitive skin loves these.
3. Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo - you can search high and low and you're not going to find better dry shampoo than this. If I'm having a lazy hair day and already have spritzed my roots with this stuff, you can barely tell I'm sweating (which is seriously saying something because you SWEAT in Orange Theory plus my hair is very thin). Spray this on post-workout and watch your locks go from gross to great. Bonus... it smells like heaven.
4. Murad Clarifying Body Spray - listen, I know you're supposed to leave the gym and go home and shower immediately, but that just isn't always realistic! Enter this wonder product from Murad. I've been using it for years, post-shower or post-workout as needed and it keeps my skin free and clear of sweat/bacteria-causing bumps. I swear by it.
5. ThinkThin Protein & Fiber Bars - you can find a stash of these in my house, office, purse and gym bag at any given time. I'm addicted to them and they're an excellent source of protein. I've been eating these for breakfast or as a pick-me-up snack for years and I'm not slowing down anytime soon.
6. BKR - environmentally-friendly and super cute, BKR water bottles are awesome.