We're so proud that we can support one of our favorite local magazines by providing monthly style advice to the women who read About Town. In our first "Style Guide by Looks & Merit" we discussed statement sleeves and destroyed denim, plus gave tips on how to wear the styles.
Below are some of our favorite statement sleeves out there right now.
Clockwise from top left:
1. H&M V-Neck Blouse: This version is perfect for the office with its subtle statement sleeve, but it definitely still gives you a little something extra. Pair it with a leather miniskirt for an evening out.
2. Storets Emilie Stripe Blouse: Tie-sleeve tops are a lovely take on statement sleeves that can be worn with just about anything and this striped, one-shoulder version is perfect for Spring. The styling possibilities here are endless.
3. Zara Top with Full Sleeves: This wrap-tie version is one of my favorites of the group. You get the voluminous sleeve but a figure flattering, waist-cinching effect with the tie, which you can adjust based on what you’re styling this with.
4. Zara Poplin Top with Pleated Sleeves: This is a great daytime take on the statement sleeve in a bright pop of color. Pair it with a kelly green pencil skirt or white denim and you’ll win the day.
5. Petersyn Astor Blouse: I can’t get enough of this top, and it’s definitely a balanced look with only one sleeve. Pair it with high-waisted skinnies and beachy, undone hair and you have a very fashion-forward look.
Tips for wearing statement sleeves:
- Keep your jewelry simple and let the sleeves do the talking.
- Add a bright mini bag for a modern look.
- The bigger the sleeve, the more fitted you should go with your bottoms – keep the proportions right!
- Don’t be afraid to style them for work. Tie sleeves look phenomenal peeking out under a blazer.
- Opt for styles with manageable price tags, that way you aren’t sobbing all the way to the consignment store when they’ve lost their luster next year.
- Leave the top untucked and add a belt to cinch in the waist and instantly add more interest.